Monday 16 June 2014

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!!!

I went to bed early on Friday and took my note book and pen.. Stupid woman that I am fell asleep with the lid off and black ink permanently stained my lovely cotton bedlinen. How I muttered... And some. Even more muttering after I'd washed them.. What a mess!!
So with India flint in mind I patched over the black ink.. The duvet was too big to maneuver on the machine so hand sewing it had to be..
I might even try dyeing them at a later date, with the help of my daughter and one of her amazing books.
 
Two hours work and I love my patched duvet.. I love the rough edges and my uneven sewing.. Best of all I love the way it's crinkled.. More patching on the way I think..

12 comments:

  1. Oh boy - there's a lesson to be learned here...no more pens in bed for me!! I must say that you came up with a great creative solution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did this once before and promised myself never again.. Hey ho!

      Delete
  2. Triumph from disaster! I love the patch. I've been getting into patching and darning lately. It's very satisfying and gives new life to old and damaged garments.
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shout sprayed onto this then boiled would have removed it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt is HUGE, I wouldn't have been able to boil it up. Hence the patches to hide my error.. By the way what is shout?

      Delete
    2. Shout is a spray we use in Canada and the US to remove stains. Just spray and wash in a washing machine. Doesn't always work tho!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes hand stitching is a lot more 'comforting' than machine stitch. This was a good save on your part - and just part of the bed linen's life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite enjoyed it Penny, I have a certain urge to do more.. I loved hand stitching and found it quite comforting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your "stupid" become something "stupendous"!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am here to appreciate your mistakes! -JHH

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great way to save and give some lovin' to a gorgeous textile. I just finished mending/patching a small hole on the back of my sons shirt. I love saving something that has tons of use left in it. I usually love them even more after I mend them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie... this post made me smile! I happen to be the "president" of the Snooze-and-Spill Society (just for future reference). Daryle

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to one and all, please feel free to leave a few words..

I am always pleased to read what you have to say and will always try to answer any questions you have to ask. ~ Julie