Friday 1 November 2013

My screenprinting taster day at the...

Kiwi Print Studio, Camborne.  I'll start showing you my final print onto fabric. It looks simple, but it made my brain ache.  It doesn't look much at the moment, but I hope with a little stitching it will be transformed. Ha!   When?  Who knows..  We are STILL! House hunting!
I had such a great day.. We started off with a sketch, I used one which I'd done at the Falmouth sketch club.. Imaginary fish and boat. My first mistake. Too complicated for the emulsion which you use to 'draw' your image on the screen. It's thick and sticky, so my fine lines didn't work.
This is the print onto paper.. Good job that you can learn from your mistakes.. And boy I made a few.... Hundred!
 
 This is Dena in full swing showing us how to produce a repeat  print..
We all had a wonderful day, the class was small the studio large bright and airy.. At the end of the day we were exhausted and we all wanted to learn more..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to one and all, please feel free to leave a few words..

I am always pleased to read what you have to say and will always try to answer any questions you have to ask. ~ Julie