Wednesday 22 August 2012

On my work bench this week...

After my visit last week to see the 'rood screen' in St Edmund's church, Southwold, last week I am inspired.  I hadn't realized how medieval artists had subconsciously influenced my work for years...... And years!  Without me giving it a second thought!  Why hadn't I seen it?  To tell you the truth, I couldn't see wood from trees, even if I bumped into it.. 

So after the penny dropping, clang!  And thought processes now coming together, I am painting  a five paneled 'rood screen' of my own, very rough at the moment but it has potential, the mermaid is a little odd and the designs are a little rough but I feel excited by it, I feel some lino prints coming on next or maybe a collagraph print or two.
..................
On Monday, a walk along the river.. Not my normal photo's of mud, I just couldn't resist this beauty..


2 comments:

  1. That looks like a fantastic project. I love the influence of medieval art and can see why the churches of East Anglia have given you such inspiration. I can't wait to see the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to 'discover' an influence you weren't aware of. I can see it in your figures especially. Your Rood screen is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to one and all, please feel free to leave a few words..

I am always pleased to read what you have to say and will always try to answer any questions you have to ask. ~ Julie