Saturday 7 July 2012

Olympic flame..

Yesterday I got up at the crack of dawn to see an old flame..
 ..The Olympic flame
Colchester was spic and span, flags and banners, bunting and brollies.  Yes, brollies!  It was pouring down.... That didn't spoil the wonderful moment it went past, everyone cheering, flags waving, a youth orchestra playing just behind me, wonderful.  If I'd blinked I'd have missed it..

It was so lovely to see so many people in the town, there must have been several thousand in some places 10 deep from the barriers.. Well worth the alarm going off at 6am and waiting in the rain for 40 minutes for a bus... I must be bonkers!

Has anyone else seen the flame?

1 comment:

  1. We took 300 primary school children down to see the flame through Nottingham. You are not mad, it was a lovely communal event with the spirit of the real meaning of the Olympics in full evidence. However my dad was less pleased as he has to drive through Colchester today to pick up his best mate (from childhood) who is over from NZ.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to one and all, please feel free to leave a few words..

I am always pleased to read what you have to say and will always try to answer any questions you have to ask. ~ Julie