Wednesday 13 January 2010

An unexpected journey

I have been loaned some books by my lovely 'illustrated' neighbour, four to be precise, she came round for a cup of tea, had a good look at my recent work, helped me with one or two things then said that I needed to read these books.

They are by this fellow called Nick Bantock...... they are amazing not only
the story but the way it is written, how it is written and how he has presented the the book to the reader.
I went on a journey, a happy and sad journey, one that I hadn't expected, one that I had never imagined
or could have imagined, if you get a chance, give these wonderful books a look....... you need to read all three otherwise you won't know what happens.
Product Image Griffin and Sabine: An Extraordinary Correspondence
Product Image Sabine's Notebook
Product Image Golden Mean: In Which the Extraordinary Correspondence of Griffin & Sabine Concludes
I've found his web site have a peek.......
http://www.nickbantock.com

The other book is this one which I've just started reading this evening... A children's book, oh so dark... so far........ a brain kept in a jar of vinegar.
Heir of Mystery (Unlikely Exploits) by Philip Ardagh

His blog..... and website
http://www.philipardagh.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie,
    They are facinating books and got them of the shelf to read again. I will be ordering The Golden Mean to complete the story. I love the presention which gives anticipation on every page.
    I have just read Paul Gallico, The Snowflake again, such gentle books.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to one and all, please feel free to leave a few words..

I am always pleased to read what you have to say and will always try to answer any questions you have to ask. ~ Julie