Sunday 13 April 2014

The flag is finished

Painted for a special friend of mine as a moving on gift..
(unceremoniously stuck to the door with blue tack so that I could photograph it for this blog)
 This was a very special piece made for a very special person with layer upon layer of meaning painted into and onto the canvas.. Significant only to it's new keeper..
At the last minute I decided to add a little poem, if you can call it that.. It will help to explain the flag to future generations of the family. Or may be not!
 
On reflection.. Perhaps I should have painted my full name..

5 comments:

  1. Oh its lovely! A banner to guide her on her way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's obviously a very meaningful banner and I'm sure she will appreciate all the hours of time you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special creation for your friend. It looks as if there is a lot of detail on a very small surface. I am sure your friend will treasure this forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You still can, Julie, just with an x as your middle initial! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or I could be the mysterious Julie X... I wonder if it will last a hundred years and be on the 'antiques road show' in 2114..

      Delete

Welcome to one and all, please feel free to leave a few words..

I am always pleased to read what you have to say and will always try to answer any questions you have to ask. ~ Julie