Friday 30 July 2010

Disappointing results

Beach-hut collagraph and plate

My dear little book press is not the right thing to use I fear...After another day of disappointments and not understanding where I am going wrong I can only assume that an etching press is what I need for this work as I am not getting the pressure, It's that steep learning curve again, but what a roller-coaster, I love it.

..So, now I am on the look out for a second hand etching press...
Fingers crossed, toes crossed... I might have to do the lottery...
pod

Wood cut, starting with a simple image.. It is such a difficult medium, aim the tool one way and it shoots off in another direction....A LOT of practice needed with this one, but exciting results are to be had I'm sure.

*Must remember to buy a lottery ticket..

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm I don't know what you were expecting but I see a cool image and I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 30, 2010

    I just LOVE the beach hut plate !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've often thought that I might use my car and two boards with the plate and image stuck in between.... could be a really bad idea, or a good one, who knows!

    Also, there are often print studios around here that offer a co-op situation - you pay a nominal fee and can sign up for time a few times a month....
    possibly cheaper than a press unless you find a really great deal. But, good luck with the lottery, anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to one and all, please feel free to leave a few words..

I am always pleased to read what you have to say and will always try to answer any questions you have to ask. ~ Julie